I'd like to receive occasional communications from Healthcare Bluebook via email.
I'd like to receive occasional communications from Healthcare Bluebook via text message. Message and data rates may apply.
Need help? Contact us.
If you're a provider and you are interested in being listed on Healthcare Bluebook, please contact us.
About 10% of hysterectomies are performed for cancer. The other 90% are often performed for symptoms such as excessive bleeding or painful fibroids. In many cases, less invasive and less expensive treatment options are available for non-cancer related conditions. A good first step is to discuss the indications for the surgery, alternative treatment options, and the advisability of having the surgery now versus trying more conservative treatments first with your doctor.
If you are being treated for excessive bleeding (menorrhagia), you may want to consider and discuss an endometrial ablation with your doctor. This therapy is often effective with 90% of women reporting excellent results, and usually costs about half as much as a hysterectomy.
The Fair Price is the price that you should reasonably expect a medical service to cost if you shop for care. Even in-network providers can have big cost differences for the exact same service. The most expensive providers can cost more than five times as much as providers that charge a Fair Price.
The Fair Price is calculated from actual amounts health plans have paid on claims. Some services show “bundled” pricing, which means there are multiple parts to the Fair Price. These usually include facility, physician and anesthesiologist fees, and can be viewed individually in the Fair Price Details. It’s always a good idea to request a price estimate from the provider and compare it to the Fair Price before your procedure.
The information on this website is not a price guarantee. There is no guarantee that any specific provider will charge a specific rate or that specific services will be covered under your benefit plan.
For more information about the Fair Price, click here.
To install Bluebook on your mobile phone, have an email or text sent to your device by clicking one of the buttons below.
Add or update your email address to ensure that you don't miss out on occasional tips from Healthcare Bluebook.